PARKER:We've landed in Beijing and cleared customs and immigation. Now we're looking around for our Chinese hosts. There is a large crowd of people gathered in the lobby of the airport. Some hold signs in the air and others call out to the incoming passengers. I keep searching the crowd for the man I though I recognized. Frankly , I'm a little worried about this, but I don't want to show the Goodwins my concern.
(我們降落北京,辦理的海關和入境手續。我們尋找我們中方主人,機場大廳里聚集很多人,有些人高高舉著牌子,另一些喊出到達者的名字,我在搜尋我認識的那個人。坦白地說,我有點擔心這個,但是我不想讓GOODWIN夫婦看出我的擔心)
GOODWIN:Look over there, There she is.
(看哪兒,她在那兒)
PARKER:We walk through the crowd toward her. Li Wei is a middle aged women, rather handsome, in a dark suit. well tailored and quite smart. There's a young man about my age with her. He's wearing a western style suit.
(我們穿過人群朝她走去,李薇是一個中年女士,很優雅,一套灰色服裝,很合體,有一個和我一般大小年齡的年輕小伙和她在一起。他穿一套西裝)
Li Wei:How nice to see you again. Mr. Goodwin!
(再次見到你真好,GOODWIN先生!)
GOODWIN:It's a real pleasure to be here. You haven't met my wife Emily.Emily, this is Madam Li。
(真的非常榮幸來這兒,你還沒見過我妻子 艾米麗,艾米麗這是李女士)
EMILY:How do you do?
(你好)
LI:Do do you do?I've heard a lot about you. Mrs.Goodwin. I've so looked forward to meeting you.
(你好,GOODWIN女士,久仰,相見恨晚)
GOODWIN:And you remember Mr. Parker?
(你還記得PARKER先生?)
LI:Certainly. Welcome to Beijing. Mr.Parker.
(當然,歡迎PARKER先生來北京)
PARKER: Thank you.
(謝謝)
LI:I don't think you've met Mr.Yu. He wasn't with me when I was in Vancourver. Mr.Yu is a Manager in our import division.
(你還沒見過于先生,他沒和我一起去溫哥華,于先生是我們進口部的經理)
YU:I'm pleasure to meet you. Gentlemen.
(先生們,很榮幸見到你們)
GOODWIN: This is my wife. Emily.
(這是我妻子,艾米麗)
YU.How do you do.Mrs. Goodwin?
(你好 GOODWIN女士)
EMILY: How do you do. I'm pleased to meet you. Mr, Yu.
(你好,于先生很高興認識你)
YU: Have you had a pleasant flight?
(一路飛行愉快吧?)
Parker: Yes. Well, it was uneventful. I guess that's the best thing you can say about a flight on an airplane. isn't it?
(是的,平安無事,我想坐飛機旅行最好的回答就是平安無事了,對吧?)
YU.Yes. of course.
(是的,那當然)
LI: Well, you must be tired after your long flight. our car is out in the parking lot.
(你們長途飛行一定很累了,我們的車在停車場)
PARKER: Fine
(好的)
LI:Shall we go. then?
(那么我走吧?)
DIALOGUE: AT THE CUSTOMS
(對話:在海關)
(The international Arrival Hall.Auckland, New Zealand)
(新西蘭,奧克蘭,國際到達大廳)
CUSTOMS OFFICER: Good morning, Sir.
(早上好,先生)
MAN: Morning.
(早上好)
CUSTOMS OFFICER: Is this all your baggage. Sir?
(你就這些行李?)
Man:Yes. that's it.
(是的,就這些)
CUSTOMS OFFICER: You travel light, don't you?
(你的行李真少,是吧?)
May I see your declaration form,please?
(請出示您的申報表)
MAN: What?
(什么?)
CUSTOMS OFFICER: Your declaration form?
(您的申報表)
MAN: What's that?
(那是什么?)
CUSTOMS OFFICER: Where you say what goods you're bringing into the country.
(就是聲明你帶入進這個國家什么物品的說明表)
MAN: Into the country? I don't undersatnd.
(進入國家? 我不明白)
CUSTOMS OFFICER: Have you anything to declare?
(你沒有什么需要申報的嗎?)
MAN: Of course not!
(當然沒有!)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:Just open up your bag for me, will you, Sir?
(先生請打開你的包裹)
MAN: If I must.
(如果我必須這樣做)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:Yes. you must. This is a very expensive apple phone. Where did you buy it?
(是的,您必須打開,這是個非常昂貴的蘋果手機,您在哪兒買的?)
MAN:In New York. If it‘s any of your business.
(在紐約,這關你什么事)
CUSTOMS OFFICER: It is my business. Sir. I'm afraid you'll have to pay duty on this.
(這關我的事,先生,我想您必須給手機付關稅)
MAN:This is Mad! What's going on?
(豈有此理,怎么了?)
CUSTOMS OFFICER: Perhaps I'd better see your passport. Sir.
(先生,也許我得看你的護照)
MAN:I haven't go one.
(我沒有)
CUSTOMS OFFICER: Haven't got one? You must have.
(您沒有? 您必須有)
MAN:Well. I haven't
(可是,我就是沒有)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:You aren't being very helpfull. are you. Sir? If you refuse to answer my questions, I may have to take you into custody.
(先生,你不配合我,對嗎?如果你拒絕回答我的問題,我就不得不關你禁閉。)
MAN: But. I an answering your questions. I just don't seem to be giving you the answer you want.
(可是,我一直在回答你的問題,我只是好像沒有你想要的答案)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:Is this the first time you've travelled abroad, Sir?
(先生,這是您第一次出國旅行嗎?)
MAN: Travelled abroad? I wouldn't call California abroad.
(出口旅行? 我不認為加利福尼亞是國外)
CUSTOMS OFFICER: California? This is New Zealand.
(加利福尼亞? 這是新西蘭)
MAN: This isn't Oakland California?
(這兒不是加利福尼亞的奧克蘭嗎?)
CUSTOM OFFICER: No. Sir. It's Auckland,New Zealand.
(不,先生,這兒是新西蘭的奧克蘭)