PARKER: It is a rather long ride into town from the airport. I try to look at everything along the road. It seems like a very busy country. with lots of new buildings going up everywhere and the streets busy with new cars and trucks. It grows dark . but the conversation is lively and full of good humour, I keep thinking about the stranger at the airport. trying to dismiss my worries as mere foolishness.
(從機場到北京城的路很長,我瀏覽沿路的風景,看了這個國家很繁榮到處是新建的高樓,街道上車流不息。天變黑了,但是我們的交談是活躍和充滿幽默。我還在想機場那個陌生人,試圖打消我的擔憂,希望只是個庸人自擾)
LI:Have you been skiing lately, Mr. Goodwin? I remember quite distinctly the day you took us up to Grouse Mountain for a day of skiing. Vancouver is such a beautiful city. It is clean and natural there. The oceans and the mountains and the land, all in such harmony.
(GOODWIN先生后來您一直去滑雪嗎?我非常清楚的記得你帶我們去格勞斯山滑雪的那天,溫哥華是那么美麗的城市,非常清潔和自然,海洋,高山和陸地都是那么和諧。)
GOODWIN:Yes. we like it. I try to get to the slopes at least once a week.but lately, well... you know we've been very busy getting ready for our visit to you.
(是的,我們非常喜歡,我試圖每周去一次滑雪,但是后來,你知道,我們非常忙著準備訪問你)
LI:I understand. What about you, Mr.Parker? I was very impressed by your skiing skill.
(我理解,PARKER先生, 你哪?你滑雪的技術給我留下很深的印象)
PARKER:I'm afraid I have been too busy to spend much time on the slopes. But I do remember your first tumble.(They laugh) You learned very quickly how to ski.
(我因為太忙了以至于沒有太多時間去滑雪,但是我還記得您第一次摔跤呢,你學的非常快)
LI:I'm afraid I'll never make the Olympic team.
(我恐怕永遠不可能加入奧運會了)
GOODWIN: We had such fun sailing,too.
(我們也去沖浪了)
LI:Yes. it was great fun. It was a wonderful time. wasn't it?
(是的,太有趣了,那真是一次美妙的時光,對吧)
PARKER:Our conversation is interrupted,at last, as we drive up before a large hotel. It is a very impressive and very modern building.
(我的交談打斷了,最后,我們來到大酒店前,這是一個非常現代的印象深刻的建筑)
GOODWIN: What a beautiful place! it wasn't completed when I was last in Beijing.
(這地方真美,我上次來的時候它還沒建好)
LI:Now, we won't get out. We know you are tired from your long journey, and we'll only get in the way by going to your rooms with you. Besides, The Great Wall Hotel staff knows you're coming and has made all the arrangements for you. We hope you'll take one day to relax. I'll call you day after tomorrow so that we can set up a schedule of appointments. Is that all right?
(那我們就不下車了,我們知道你們長途旅行很累,如果我們去你們的房間只能讓你們麻煩。另外,長城飯店工作人員知道你們來,他們都安排好了,希望你們好好放松一天,后天我打電話給你,我們好商定會談時間表,好嗎?)
GOODWIN: That's fine, Thank you very much.
(好的,非常感謝)
LI:Good night. Then.
(晚安)
EVERYONE: Good night.
(晚安)
DIALOGUE: Oh. Dear!
(對話:我的天!)
Mr. Brown, a rather deaf, very fussy executive from Atlantic Industries is at the airport to meet a visitor from China.
(布朗先生是來至大西洋工業的一個耳朵背,易沖動的人,來接一個從中國來的訪客)
BROWN: Hellow, you must be Zhang.
(你好,你肯定是張先生)
ZHANG: That's right, but...
(是的,可是,,,)
BROWN:How do you do? I'm Colin Brown of Atlantic Industries.
(你好,我是克林-布朗,來至大西洋工業)
ZHANG:How do you do.
(你好)
BROWN: Rather noisy here, isn't it?
(好嘈雜,是吧)
ZHANG: Yes. it is rather.
(是的,確實)
BROWN: Have a good journey?
(旅途愉快嗎?)
ZHANG:Yes, as matter of fact . I did. I came by train.
(是的,事實上,是的,我乘火車來的)
Brown: Of course you came by plane. How else would you come? You must be tired after such a long journey.
(你當然坐飛機來,你別無選擇?長途旅行你一定很累)
ZHANG: It only took half an hour.
(只是半小時)
BROWN:Half an hour! Amazing! These modern jets are marvellous aren't they comfortable?
(半小時?不可思議!這些現代噴氣飛機是真奇妙的,還舒服嗎?)
ZHANG: I had to stand all the way.
(我一路站著來的)
BROWN: Really! I didn't think that was allowed. Anyway let's get going. That is your baggage?
(真的!那是不允許的吧。不過,我們走吧,那些是你的行李?)
ZHANG: No,no, no...
(不,不,不,,,)
BROWN:It's all right. Don't worry, I'll carry it.
(沒關系,不必擔心,我拿著)
ZHANG: Look, I'm going to get angry in a minute...
(喂,我忍不住要發怒了)
BROWN: Hungry? O.K. There's a restaurant over there.
(餓了? OK,那有個飯館)
ZHANG: Look, this is all a mistake.
(嗨,這都是誤會)
BROWN: You'd like some steak?I'll see what I can do; but it's a bit early in the morning.
(你喜歡牛扒?我看看我安排下,只是現在有點早)
ZHANG: Look here!
(看這兒)
BROWN: Some beer? Right.
(來點啤酒? 可以)
ZHANG:I keep trying to explain...
(我一直在解釋,,,)
BROWN:Some eggs? How would you like them?
(來點雞蛋?你怎么會喜歡雞蛋?)
ZHANG: Oh, my God!
(哦,我的天)
BROWN: Hot? Of course.
(熱的,當然是熱的)
ZHANG: I've tried and tried...
(我試圖 再試圖,,)
BROWN: Fried, I see, Let's see. There's steak, fried eggs and beer. That right?
(煎的,我懂,看,牛扒,煎雞蛋和啤酒,可以嗎?)
ZHANG: Oh dear! What a mess!
(我的天,這都是什么呀!)
BROWN:Yes. it is rather a strange mixture, Isn't it? But you chose it. I say, look! The police seem to be searching for someone.
(是的,真是一個奇怪的大混合餐,對吧?可是這是你的選擇,看,警察好像在找什么)
ZHANG: Probably us.
(可能是我們)
BROWN: Us?
(我們?)
ZHANG: Yes. that's not my baggage. I kept trying to explain, I came to meet a friend. I'm not the Zhang you want.
(是的,那些不是我的行李,我一直試圖解釋,我來見個朋友,我不是你接的那個張先生)
BROWN:Well, why didn't you say no! Wasting my time! I'd better go and find the real Zhang.
(那么,你為啥不早說?浪費我的時間,我得走了去找我的真正的張先生)
ZHANG: What about these bags? The police will think I stole them.
(那這些行李怎么辦? 警察會認為我偷了它們)
BROWN: That's your problem.
(那是你的問題)