PARKER:I stay in bed for the rest of the day,but John Goodwin refuses to take it easy. Perhaps it would be better to say, because of my blunders he is unable to take it easy.
(這一天其余的時間我一直躺在床上,可約翰GOODWIN卻不肯輕松一下,也許,倒不如說是我的大錯讓他沒法輕松。)
Emily Goodwin takes over as my nurse and entertainer, and her husband attempts to contact Li Wei at the Import Building, We have discovered that it is not always to easy to make a telephone call to Li Wei becasue her phone is so busy,
(艾米麗主動護理我,給我解悶,她丈夫試圖聯系上進口大樓的李薇,我們發現給李薇打通電話并不是總是容易因為她太忙,)
And on this particular occasion it takes John Goodwin the better part of the day to get through. At last, However, he succeeds.
(具體到這一次,約翰GOODWIN用了大半天的時間才打通,畢竟打通了。)
OPERATOR: Import Building, good afternoon.
(進口大樓 ,你好)
GOODWIN:Well.at last. Good afternoon. I'd like to speak to the vice-president of SinoGarment .Li Wei.
(哎,總算通了,你好,請接服裝公司副總經理李薇。)
OPER: Do you have the extension number?
(你知道分機號嗎?)
GOODWIN: Yes. Just a moment. Extension 450.
(是的,稍等,450號分機)
OPER:I'm sorry, sir, the line is engaged, Will you call again or do you prefer to wait for a few minutes?
(對不起,先生,占線,你是愿意過一會打過來還是愿意等幾分鐘?)
GOODWIN: I'll hang on.
(我不掛斷電話)
OPER: All right. sir. I'll put you through.
(好了,先生,我給你接過去)
GOODWIN: Thank you.
(謝謝)
WANG: Wang Speaking.
(我姓王)
GOODWIN: This is John Goodwin. I wonder if I might speak to Vice-President Li Wei.
(我是約翰GOODWIN,不知道能不能請李薇副總經理接電話)
WANG: I'm sorry. Madam Li is in conference at this moment, Can I take a message or will you call back again?
(很對不起,她正在開會,你能不能留個話,或者過一會兒再打過來?)
GOODWIN:I'm sorry to say this is rather urgent. Is it possible for you to go in to her now and ask her if she mightn't step out of the meeting for a few moments? I know this is difficult.but I'm afraid it has to be done. I'm sure she'll want to talk to me.
(對不起,我有急事,你能不能現在進去對她講一下,問她能不能出來幾分鐘,我知道這很困難,可是恐怕又不得不這樣做, 我想,她一定會來接電話的。)
WANG: She's in the middle of a negotiation.
(她正在談判)
GOODWIN:I see. Look, I'm sorry but I really must ask you again to step into the room and inform her that Mr.John Goodwin wishes to have a word with her.
(哦,是這樣,喂,很對不起,我確實必須麻煩你去會議室告訴她一下,說GOODWIN先生要和她說話。)
WANG:Very well, I'll see what I can do.
(好吧,我想想辦法看)
GOODWIN:I'll hold the line.
(我電話不掛斷)
WANG:Madam Li says that she's afraid she won't be able to talk to you at the moment, if you call back at three o'clock, she probably can talk to you.
(李副總經理說恐怕現在她不能和你談,你要是下午三點再來電話,她也許能和你談)
GOODWIN: Fine, I'll do that. Will you please take a note to her and tell her I'll call at three o'clock this afternoon?
(好的,我就這么辦,請你給她留個條子,告訴她我今天下午給她打電話)
PARKER: Punctually at three o'clock John Goodwin calls Li Wei and finds her returned to her office.
(三點整,約翰給李薇打了電話,發現她已經回到辦公室了。)
GOODWIN: I'm calling about the contract Mr. Parker delivered to your office yesterday afternoon.
(我打電話為的是昨天下午PARKER送給你的合同)
LI:Oh yes. Mr.Goodwin. Thank you. i have it.
(哦,是的,GOODWIN先生,謝謝,合同我收到了)
GOODWIN: Have you signed it yet?
(你簽了字了?)
LI. Why yes, I have.
(我當然簽了)
GOODWIN: Well then you will have seen the misake.
(那么,你看到合同里的錯誤了嗎)
LI: Mistake? Oh, you must mean the unit price. Yes, Of course, I saw it and corrected it before I signed it. I've made a copy for you with the changes on it. It should have read USD128, not USD125, is that not correct?
(錯誤,哦,你一定指單價,是的,當然看到了,而且在簽字之前就把它改過來了,我也給你一份合同,上面也改好了,應該是128美元,而不是125美元對不對?)
GOODWIN: Yes. That's correct. It was an oversight on my part. Thanks for changing it. I trust that was the only error?
(是的,對,這是我們的疏忽,謝謝你把它改過來,我想這是唯一的錯誤吧?)
LI. Yes.
(是的)
GOODWIN:Thank you, Madam Li, I'll come over and pick up the copy tomorrow.
(謝謝,李女士,我明天來取合同)
LI:That's fine.
(好的)
GOODWIN:Good bye for now.
(那么 再見)
LI:Goodbye.
(再見)
PARKER:Mr.Goodwin then calls me, I am lying in the bed feeling terrible faint. The medication make me sleepy, but I can hear Mr.Goodwin's voice loud and clear.
(于是,GOODWIN先生給我打電話,我在暈乎乎躺在床上,吃的藥讓我昏昏欲睡。不過,我還是聽得見GOODWIN先生宏亮而清晰的聲音)
GOODWIN:Sorry for waking you, David, but I just spoke to Li Wei and she told me she'd made the correction before she signed the contract. Now, don't you worry about anything. Just get well, I can't carry on without you, you know.
(大衛, 對不起把你叫醒,我剛才和李薇通了電話,她告訴我合同是她改正之后才簽的字,現在你什么都不用擔心了,一心把病養好,沒有你我寸步難行)
PARKER: I already feel better, John.
(約翰我已經覺得好多了。)
GOODWIN: Have a good sleep. That's my advice. Goodbye
(我建議你好好睡一覺)
PARKER:I'll do that. Goodbye.
(我這就睡 再見)
DIALOGUE: The Doctor visits a Patient
(對話,醫生看病人)
MR.GREEN: Come in!
(請進!)
DOCTOR: Good morning. I'm Doctor Chang.
(你好,我是常醫生)
MR.GREEN: Good morning, Doctor.
(你好,醫生)
DOCTOR: What's the problem?
(有什么問題?)
MR.GREEN: Problem? Well, I've got a headache and feel rather tired.
(問題,哦,我感到有點頭疼并且感到很累)
DOCTOR:Any temperature?
(發燒嗎?)
MR. GREEN: No.
(不發燒)
DOCTOR: I'll just take your pulse, Just lift your shirt.Breathe normally, Please. Open your mouth. say aah!
(我給你號號脈,提起你的襯衫,正常呼吸,張開嘴,說 啊!)
MR.GREEN: Aah!
(啊!)
DOCTOR:You seem to be perfectly healthy.
(你看來非常健康)
MR.GREEN:Yes. I am. I'm just a little tired after the flight.
(是的, 我只是坐飛機后有點疲勞)
DOCTOR: Why did you call me then?
(那么你為啥叫我?)
MR. GREEN: I didn't
(我沒有叫你)
DOCTOR: What's the number of this room?
(你房間號是多少?)
MR,GREEN: 9333.
(9333)
DOCTOR: I'm terrible sorry. I've come to the wrong room.
(我非常抱歉,我進了錯誤的房間)
MR.GREEN: I thought it was all part of the hotel service.
(我還以為這是酒店服務的一部分呢)