Tom: That's it. finished! Paul should come home. The bikes will not be there on time. The Trade Fair will be half over!
就這樣。OK!保羅應該回家。摩托車不會準時到達。交易會將完成一半了!
Tara: Father, it's not as bad as all that. The Trade Fair in Industria does business for the whole two week period. One week in the Fair is better than nothing.
父親,沒有那么嚴重。在Industria的貿易展覽會是兩個星期正的展期。一周時間在博覽會上展覽比沒有參展更好。
Jack: I agree with Tara, Tom.Paul can still do business in the week that's left. He can get the general reaction of the Industrians to our bikes.and maybe contact a good agent. It won't be a waste of time.
我同意塔拉,湯姆,保羅仍然可以在剩下的一周時間做生意。他可以得到INDUSTIRA人對我們的摩托車的是否感興趣,也許能聯系一個好的代理。這不會浪費時間。
Tom: I say it will be. We don't even know if the four bikes we sent airfreight will arrive on time.
我說它會的。我們甚至不知道我們空運發去的四輛車能否準時到達。
Jack: The airline is very reliable.
航空公司非常可靠
Tom: I thought the shipping company was reliable!
我還以為船公司是可靠的!
Tara:Father! You're being unreasonable. Aren't you just a little bit curious to see how our bikes compare with overseas competitors? If Industria buys our bikes, you'll be proud,-a Jayal bike on the international market!
父親!你有點兒不講理。你不是只是有點好奇,看看我們的自行車與海外競爭對手比較如何?如果Industria購買我們的自行車,你會驕傲,一個賈亞爾摩托車在國際市場上
Tom:(grunts)Well... I must say...
(咕嚕)嗯...我必須說.
Tom: Tom Jayal!
湯姆杰亞爾!
Chirs: Er ... Christopher Mayo here,Mr. Jayal.
克里斯托弗·梅奧在這里,賈亞爾先生。
Tom: Oh! Hello Christoper.
哦! 你好克里斯托弗
Chris: I was very sorry to hear about the setback Mr. Jayal, but I'm sure Paul will manage something during his trip to Industria.
我很抱歉聽到有關受到的挫折,賈亞爾先生。但是,我相信保羅在他的INDUSTRIA的旅行中會處理一些事情的。
Tom:I hope so.
我希望如此。
Chris: Well listen, I checked with the airline again. They said the bikes should be in Centreville in three days.
聽,我再次與航空公司確認。他們說,摩托車應該在三天內到達森垂威爾。
Tom: Three days! Thank you Christopher. Keep in touch, Goodbye!
三天!謝謝你克里斯托弗。保持聯系,再見!
Chris: Bye.
再見!
Tom: Christopher said he contacted the airline and the bikes will be in Centreville in the three days!
克里斯托弗說,他聯系了航空公司,摩托車將在三天內到達森垂威爾
Jack:Three days! Look, I'd better cable Paul again and tell him about the change.
三天!瞧,我最好再次給保羅去電,告訴他有關變化。
Tara: Don't worry, father! Everything will be all right. Paul knows what he's doing, Come and have dinner with me tonight.
別擔心,爸爸!一切都會好起來的。保羅知道他在做什么,今晚和我一起吃晚飯。
Tom: That sounds like the first good idea I've heard all day.
這聽起來像是我一天里聽到的第一個好主意
Tim: Jack! Can I have a word with you?
杰克!我可以和你說一句話嗎?
Jack: Later, Tim. I have to get a E-MAIL off Paul.
等一下,蒂姆,我必須得給保羅先發個E-MAIL。
Tim: It's very important,Jack, It won't take long.
這很重要,杰克,這不會需要很長時間!
Jack: OK. Hold on a minute ... Diana!
好。等一分鐘...戴安娜!
Diana: Yes. Mr. Lom.
好的。洛姆先生
Jack: ..E-mail to Paul Osman, Ready? OK. Paul Osman, Bikes will arrive in three days, Airline confirm,Jack. Got it?
電報給保羅·奧斯曼,準備好了嗎?好。保羅奧斯曼,航空公司確認摩托車將在三天內到達,杰克。寫好了嗎?
Diana: Got it, Yes Mr Lom?
是的,羅姆先生?
Jack: It has to go immediately.. . All right. Tim. You can speak freely now, I hope it isn't bad news, We've had enough trouble already.
郵件必須立即發出去。好吧。蒂姆。你現在可以說了,我希望這不是壞消息,我們已經有足夠的麻煩了。
Tim: On the contrary. Jack, I think you'll like this.
正好相反, 杰克,我想你會喜歡這個。
Jack:OK. you've got me interested....
好的,你已經激起我的興趣了...
Tim: Well, the first thing is three new retailers in Dabu have placed orders for the new bike.
首先,第一件事是三個達布的新的零售商已下訂單訂購我們的新車了。
Jack: Good work, Tim. you're an ace salesman!
做得不錯,蒂姆。你是一個推銷高手.
Tim: That's not all. Baratts have overordered from their manufacturers and are having trouble getting an overdraft.
這還不是全部。巴拉特從他們的制造商那里超額訂購了,帶來了透支的問題。
Jack: How did you find this out?
你是怎么發現的?
Tim: Kamal heard it through the grapevine.
卡馬爾通過情報網聽到了
Jack:I see... are Barratts going bust?
我想,巴拉特要崩潰了
Tim:No. but they are having to go round their retailers and ask for repayment of credit. The retailers aren't too pleased. I've already had one of them on the phone asking if Jayal Motors can supply instead.
不是崩潰,但他們不得不去找零售商,要求他們償還貸款。零售商不太高興。他們當中已經有一個人在電話上問我是否賈亞爾摩托可以供貨。
Jack:Well, well, well, This is good news, If this continues we're going to need the new assembly plant sooner than I thought. Come on, Tim. I'll buy you a drink. We'll tell Tom the good news tomorrow after I've spoken to Kamal.
好,好,好,這是一個好消息,如果照這樣下去,我們比我想象的更快地需要建立新組裝廠。來吧,蒂姆。我給你買一杯飲料。明天我跟卡馬爾打電話后,我們會告訴湯姆這個好消息的。