Paul: Tara, Darling! We're here.
塔拉,親愛的!我們回來了。
Tara: Oh, hello Paul. Carl,how wonderful to see you again.
哦,你好保羅。卡爾再次見到你真是太好了。
Carl: Tara. you're looking great.
塔拉。你看起來很棒。
Tara: Where's Eve? Didn't she come with you?
夏娃在哪里?她不是跟你一起來嗎?
Carl: She's sorry she couldn't come, but she is working on some matters relevant to Jayal Motors. Well, aren't your going to congratulate me?
她很抱歉她不能來了,但她正在處理一些與賈亞爾摩托有關的事情。嗯,你是不是應該祝賀我?
Paul: What on?
祝賀什么?
Tara: Tell us, Carl, What's happened?
告訴我們,卡爾,發生了什么事?
Carl: Eve and I have decided to get married.
夏娃和我已經決定結婚
Tara: How marvellous!
太美妙了!
Paul: Congratulations. Now this calls for a drink.
恭喜。那么為這好事得喝一杯。
Tara: To you and Eve.
祝賀你和夏娃
Paul: Cheers.
干杯!
Carl: Thank you.
謝謝!
Paul:Now then.... what are you plans, Carl? ..Apart from getting married that is ... Listen, Why are you back in Zuritania so soon after your last visit?
接著,你有什么計劃,卡爾?除了結婚,是...瞧,你上次來訪問才不久你怎么這么快又回到蘇黎世了?
Carl: Well ...
嗯...
Tara: We're discussing nothing till Carl has something to eat. Dinner's almost ready. You must be starving.
在卡爾吃些食物之前我們不要討論什么事情。晚餐已經準備好了。你一定很餓吧。
Carl:I am. I'm really looking forward to some home cooking, Industria food is quite good but it's not like home, is it?
我是很餓了。我非常期待一些家鄉菜,Industria食物是相當不錯,但它不像家鄉菜,是吧?
Carl: Mmm. That was a delicious meal, Tara.
嗯。這真是一頓美餐,塔拉。
Tara: Thank you, Well if you and Paul would like to talk, I'll go and make some coffee.
謝謝你,如果你和保羅想談談,我會去做一些咖啡去。
Paul: Thank you, darling.
謝謝你,親愛的。
Carl: I hope Eve's cooking will be half as good ... Well, let's get down to business now. Paul, Who owns the share capital in the company?
我希望夏娃的烹飪能有一半好...好吧,讓我們現在開始談談業務吧。保羅,誰擁有公司的股本?
Paul: Well, Tom has 55%, Tara and I together 20%, Jack has 15% and the bank the remaining 10%.
嗯,湯姆持有55%,塔拉和我一起20%,杰克持有15%,銀行持有剩余的10%股份
Carl: I see, What's the total share capital?
我知道了,總股本是多少?
Paul: 600,000 EUROS but Jayal Motors is having to borrow about 200,000 euros to finance the expansion over the next 12 months, So you can see Carl, we're heavily committed to the bank, Kamal has been approached by MEI, That's Multi-National Engineering Incorporated, And he's now suggesting that we agree to a merger.
60萬歐元,但賈亞爾摩托不得不借款約20萬歐元,以資助在未來12個月的擴張,所以你可以看到卡爾,我們嚴重依賴銀行,卡邁勒已經接觸了MEI,這是跨國工程公司 ,他現在建議我們同意合并。
Carl: And what's in it for MEI?
MEI有什么要求?
Carl:Well, they want 50%, and they'd then want to appoint their own management team, you see.
嗯,他們想要50%股份,他們將要任命自己的管理團隊,你瞧。
Carl: And what does the bank get out of all this?
銀行從中能得到什么好處?
Paul:Two things, it seems, Kamal's worried that we can't handle the expansion by ourselves and thinks the bank's interest would be best served by linking up with an international company with a lot of marketing experience.
兩個好處,似乎,卡邁勒擔心我們自己不能處理好擴大生產,認為與一個有很多的營銷經驗的國際公司聯合則銀行的利益將會最好。
Carl:And the other thing?
另一好處呢?
Paul: Well, Kamal and his bank stand to gain by arranging for MEI to become a customer of the Commerical Credit Bank.
嗯,卡邁勒和他的銀行通過安排想讓MEI成為他們商業信貸銀行的客戶。
Carl: I see... Ah. coffee!
我們明白了...啊,咖啡!
Tara:There we are, Now then, Carl, How do you like it?
咖啡來了,那么,卡爾,你喜歡什么樣的咖啡?
Carl: Black, please.
請來黑咖啡
Tara: So you see, Carl. in fact we feel that Kamal's head office in Dabu might have had something to do with the idea of the merger in the first place.
所以你看,卡爾。事實上,我們認為卡馬爾在達布的總部最有可能與合并的想法有關。
Carl: And at the moment it'd appear that the bank's in a strong position to dictate terms.
而在目前看來,銀行在強勢地發布命令。
Paul:Absolutely, And Kamal said in his letter .. oh, hang on, I think I've got it in my pocket... oh yes. here it is. Let me see, Er, yes, He says, "We suggest you seriously consider the offer from MEI in view of the precarious state of the company's balance sheet".
絕對是,并且,卡馬勒在他的信中說。哦,稍等,我想我已經放在我的口袋里了...哦,是的, 這里就是!讓我看看,呃,是的,他說,“鑒于公司的資產負債表狀況岌岌可危,我們建議你認真考慮MEI的提議”
Carl:I see. Well, Paul. You asked me before dinner what I was doing in Zuritania, I'll tell you...What would you both say if Eve and I were to put up the money you need for expansion and join you to set up a limited liability company?
我懂了。嗯,保羅。你在晚餐前問我來蘇黎世做什么,我告訴你...如果夏娃和我給你提供你需要的擴張的錢,并加入你們,成立有限責任公司,你們倆覺得怎么樣?
Tara: Are you serious?
你是認真的嗎?
Paul: I don't believe it! I mean, what about your diplomatic career? Eve's job ...?
我不相信!我的意思是,你的外交生涯怎么辦?夏娃的工作...?
Carl:Oh, we can talk about all that later, Eve's going to E-mail with some necessary details.
哦,我們以后可以談談所有的事情,夏娃將發電子郵件給你關于一些必要的細節
Paul: That's great, Carl, Look, I'll phone Tom and Jack and arrange a meeting for tomorrow, OK?
這太好了,卡爾,瞧,我會打電話給湯姆和杰克,并安排明天的會議,好嗎?